Business Collections and Receivables Management
34 years of experience handling collection cases.
Marrs & Henry is trusted by clients across Virginia to help them recover the money they are owed for their goods and services. In addition to extensive experience in the process, founder Brad Marrs, a former state legislator, is the author of many modern legal procedure laws that affect how claims are handled. The firm’s attorneys have successfully helped a wide variety of clients — including medical practices, banks, businesses, landlords, real estate agencies, consulting firms and financing companies — collect the debts owed to them.
Committed to providing results.
Marrs & Henry can assist if you need help collecting money from debtors on:
- Unpaid loans
- Guaranties and promissory notes
- Letters of credit and other extensions of credit
- Fees owed for professional services
- Debts for goods sold and delivered
- Unpaid rent or charges for commercial properties
- Unjust enrichment claims
- Breach of contract actions
- Contractor and subcontractor liens and other claims
The firm’s attorneys pride themselves on assuring an attentive and results-oriented client experience. In addition to providing litigation services, they also review their clients’ current contracts to eliminate potential issues that may arise in the future. By fighting for you today and protecting you for the future, they make sure that you get the results that you deserve.
An overview of the collections process.
- Receipt and review of your files.
- Demand letter — The firm’s attorneys can send a letter to your debtor demanding payment. If the debtor responds to the letter, litigation might prove unnecessary.
- Lawsuit — If the debtor does not respond, we will press your rights in court as appropriate.
- Judgment — A judgment gives our attorneys the opportunity to seize the debtor’s property or intercept payments heading to the debtor to help you get paid.
- Asset seizures — When a debtor goes beyond fighting over a good faith dispute and continues to withhold payment even after a court judgment, we can seize assets or intercept payments headed to the debtor to help you finally recoup.
Experienced attorneys. Proven results.
Call Marrs & Henry today at 804-662-5711 to put an end to your debtors’ excuses and make them pay what they owe.